Kingdom Sequence Cribsheet

Kingdom Sequence Cribsheet

(You can also find a printable version of this Cribsheet HERE )

Reminder: Each full Kingdom Turn (the completion of all the following steps) = 1 Month of In-Game time.

KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Before any of the Kingdom Sequences begin, the GM will describe the current state of play in the Kingdom, including any major events or changes from the previous Kingdom Turn. This will include events from In-Game RP Sessions where appropriate. On average, the players can at least expect to read the following:

  • The Economy, Loyalty & Stability scores for the Kingdom at the start of the turn.
  • The Unrest, Consumption and Treasury scores for the Kingdom at the start of the turn.
  • The results of any major events and their effect(s) on the Kingdom.
  • State of the Kingdom’s Armed Forces.
  • Any changes in Leadership Roles.

PHASE 1 – UPKEEP:

Step 1: Determine Kingdom Stability: Make a Stability Check (d20 + Stability Score, – Unrest Score vs Control DC). This is rolled by the Warden.
Step 2: Pay Consumption: Subtract your Kingdom’s Consumption from the Treasury. This is done by the Gamesmaster / Ruler
Step 3: Fill Vacant Magic Item Slots: If any of your settlement districts have buildings that produce magic items (such as a Caster’s Tower or Herbalist) with vacant magic item slots, there is a chance of those slots filling with new items (see the Magic Items in Settlements section). This is done by the High Priest or the Magister
Step 4: Modify Unrest: Unrest increases by 1 for each kingdom attribute (Economy, Loyalty, or Stability) that is a negative number. This is done by the Gamesmaster / Ruler

(Note: The Royal Enforcer may attempt to reduce Unrest during this phase: see GM)

PHASE 2 – EDICT

Step 1: Assign Leadership: Assign PCs or NPCs to any vacant Leadership Roles. This is done by the gaming group as a whole.
Step 2: Claim & Abandon Hexes: You can only claim a hex that is adjacent to at least 1 other hex in your kingdom. Before you can claim it, the hex must first be explored, then cleared of monsters and dangerous hazards. Then, to claim the hex, spend 1 BP; this establishes the hex as part of your kingdom and increases your kingdom’s Size by 1. (Table 4-4 on P209 of UC describes how many Hexes you can claim per turn). The choice of which hex(es) to explore is the job of the Marshal.
You may abandon any number of hexes to reduce your kingdom’s Size (which you may wish to do to manage Consumption). Doing so increases Unrest by 1 for each hex abandoned (or by 4 if the hex contained a settlement). The choice to abandon a hex is done by the gaming group as a whole, but is officially sanctioned by the_ Ruler_.
Step 3: Build Terrain Improvements: You may spend BP to build terrain improvements like Farms, Forts, Roads, Mines, and Quarries within any hexes that are part of your Kingdom. You may also prepare a hex for constructing a settlement. Depending on the site, this may involve clearing trees, moving boulders, digging sanitation trenches, and so on. This is done by the gaming group as a whole, but officially sanctioned by the_ Ruler_.
Step 4: Create & Improve Settlements: You may create a settlement in a claimed hex. It starts with 1 (empty) district. This costs no BP to do and is done by the gaming group as a whole but officially sanctioned by the Ruler.
You may construct a building in any settlement in your kingdom, assuming you meet the prerequisites and have the BP to pay for it. The first House, Mansion, Noble Villa, or Tenement your kingdom does not count against the limit of how many buildings you can construct per Kingdom Turn. This is done by the gaming group as a whole, but officially sanctioned by the Ruler.
Step 5: Create Army Units: You may create, expand, equip, or repair army units. This is done by the General. (see Mass Combat, p234 Ultimate Campaign).
Step 6: Issue Edicts: Select or adjust your edict levels.

  • Holiday Edicts are rolled by the_ Councilor_ or High Priest.
  • Diplomacy Edicts are rolled by the Grand Diplomat.
  • Exploration Edicts are rolled by the Marshal.
  • Vassalage Edicts are rolled by the Viceroy.
  • Improvement Edicts are determined by the Group
    Promotion Edicts are determined by the Group
  • Taxation Edicts are determined by the_ Treasurer_

PHASE 3 – INCOME

Step 1: Make Withdrawals from The Treasury: You may withdraw BP from the Kingdom’s’ Treasury and convert it into GP for any of the characters once per turn, but there is a penalty for doing so: Each time you withdraw BP for your personal use, Unrest increases by the number of BP withdrawn (1 BP = 2,000gp). Any player may petition the Treasurer to allow this, and if the Treasurer wishes to use this feature for themselves, they need approval from the_ Ruler_.
Step 2: Make Deposits to The Treasury: You can add funds to a kingdom’s Treasury by donating your personal wealth to the kingdom. Every 4,000gp’s worth = +1 GP. For items/total amounts more than 4,000gp, see Step 3. Any Leadership Role can deposit funds into the treasury,but it is up to the Treasurer to report it.
Step 3: Sell Expensive Items for BP: You can attempt to sell expensive personal items (that is, items worth more than 4,000 gp each) through your kingdom’s markets to add to your Treasury. You may sell one item per settlement district per turn. You must choose the settlement where you want to sell the item, and the item cannot be worth more than the base value of that settlement.
To sell an item, divide its price by half (as if selling it to an NPC for gp), divide the result by 4,000 (rounded down), and add that many BP to your Treasury. Again Any Leadership Role can deposit funds into the treasury,but it is up to the Treasurer to report it.
Step 4: Collect Taxes: Attempt an Economy Check (d20 + Economy + or – modifiers vs Control DC), divide the result by 3 (round down), and add a number of BP to your Treasury equal to the result. This is rolled by the Treasurer.

PHASE 4 – EVENT

At the beginning of the Event Phase, the Gamesmaster rolls to see if a major event happens within the Kingdom. There is a 25% chance of this happening (or 75% if no event occurred the previous Kingdom Turn)
If an event does occur, the_ Heir_ rolls on Table 4-7 (on p220 of UC) to determine the nature of the event and, if necessary, any subsequent rolls. Events are either played out as part of an RP session or concluded during this phase and the results reported by the Gamesmaster in the Kingdom Announcements at the beginning of the next Kingdom Turn.

CONTROL DC = 20 + The Kingdom’s Size (in Hexes) + Total Number of Districts in all your Settlements + any other modifiers from special circumstances or effects. Unless otherwise stated, the Control DC is identical to the Kingdom Check__

Kingdom Sequence Cribsheet

Pathfinder: Domain LW79 LW79